The Faith and Life religion series has been hailed as a breakthrough in the field of religious education. It is a comprehensive Catholic program that combines beautiful classical and original artwork with a solid doctrinal and scriptural presentation in an easy-to-read and stimulating format that is being praised by teachers, students and parents everywhere.
The Faith and Life religious education series is now in its Third Edition, with texts and activities fully adapted to the new translation of the Roman Missal implemented in Advent 2011. The Faith and Life Third Edition series presents Catholic teaching using the time-tested ecclesial methodology and spiral development of catechesis, in a beautiful, student-friendly, comprehensive format.
It is excellent for grades 1–8 in Catholic schools and parish catechetical programs as well as at home.
Features of the Faith and Life series include:
- clear, comprehensive and exciting presentation of the Catholic Faith, tailored to the different grade levels, with a foundational emphasis on Scripture and Vatican II
- quotations from Scripture, the liturgy, church documents and the saints highlight important points in each lesson
- inspirational classical and original artwork and photographs connect the lessons to the life of Christ and of the Christian
- questions and answers at the end of the chapters help review vital material and aid retention
- helpful summary sections such as: Prayers and Devotions, Liturgical and Seasonal Life of the Church, Words to Know
- follows guidelines laid out by the General Catechetical Directory, Pope John Paul II’s Catechesi Tradendae, and the U.S. National Catholic Directory
- what we believe (the Creed)
- what we do (the Commandments)
- the means to our end (Sacraments and Liturgy)
- what we hope for (Prayer and Scripture)
The Faith and Life Activity Books, designed for use in the home or classroom, provide creative activities for review and reinforcement of each lesson. Through carefully developed and selected activities, the emphasis is on understanding and putting into practice the teachings of Christ in everyday life.
Level 1: Our Heavenly Father: An invitation to know, love and trust God and his love story.
Level 2: Jesus Our Life: Preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion.
Level 3: Our Life With Jesus: A special emphasis on God’s love and mercy in the Sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.
Level 4: Jesus Our Guide: The narrative of salvation history points students towards Jesus Christ who fulfills Old Testament promises.
Level 5: Credo: I Believe: A study of the Creed. Students come to understand that they must stand firm in their faith.
Level 6: Following Christ: Part 1: Morality: The Ten Commandments and Beatitudes: Part 2: The Holy Mass.
Level 7: The Life of Grace: Salvation History and a study of the seven sacraments as channels of God’s grace
Level 8: Our Life In The Church: A study on the Church followed by the call to holiness through virtue, works of mercy, vocation and social justice.
Family Guide Volume 1 for Grades 1-4
Family Guide Volume 2 for Grades 5-8
Do you use Faith and Life? Click here to give us your feedback as we consider
changes for the future.